UNEP’s work is guided by a number of over-arching strategies, policies, and guidelines. Access some of the most important ones at the links below.
- Access to information Policy
- UNEP and Indigenous Peoples: A partnership in caring for the environment Policy Guidance
The objective of this Policy Guidance to UNEP is to better understand and build on the Indigenous Peoples’ rights, knowledge, practices, and systems that provide the framework for the harmonious relations that most Indigenous Peoples have with their environment. Furthermore, it aims to ensure that UNEP appropriately considers Indigenous Peoples in its activities and engages with Indigenous Peoples as important partners in environmental policy development and implementation on a regular basis.
Download Spanish | French
- Gender equality and the environment: Policy and strategy
- Promoting greater protection for environmental defenders
- UNEP partnership policy and procedures
- Sustainability framework standards; Environmental, social and economic sustainability framework